The association shall be called “International Phaleristics Association, and is hereinafter referred to as “IPA”
The objects of the Association shall be:
a) Mission Statement- The International Phaleristics Association is dedicated to the preservation and research of world Orders, Decorations, Medals, and Awards.
b) To promote and foster a general interest in the preservation and research of orders, decorations, medals and awards and all matters related thereto.
c) To assist members in their researches.
d) To publish such information, particularly the results of individual research, as may be practicable.
e) To do all such lawful things as, in the opinion of the governing board of directors, shall further the objects of IPA.
f) IPA is organized exclusively for preservation and research of world orders, decorations and medals purposes, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
a) Membership to IPA shall be by application to IPA via the website www.phaleristics.org .
b) The Board of Directors shall have absolute discretion to terminate a membership with good and valid reason, such as violation of basic tenants of the IPA, i.e. selling fakes as authentic, etc.
1. Members shall not act in any manner or engage in any activity which is likely to be prejudicial to the good name of IPA.
2. A member shall cease to be a member for any of the following reasons:
a) If he/she shall resign by notice to the Secretary.
b) If the Board of Directors passes a resolution removing him/her from membership and in such case the Board of Directors shall not be obliged to provide a reason for termination of the membership.
a. The board of directors shall have a maximum of eleven (11) members.
b. It shall be compromised of three (3) officers and eight (8) directors. The officers/Directors are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Director of Treasury, Director of Operations, Director of Public Affairs, Director of International Relations, Journal Editor and Director of Advertising.
c. The Names and Country of those who are the initial Members of the Board of Directors are:
Elie Ghossoub, President
Privthi Pant Negi , Vice President
Michael B. Riley, Secretary
Munroe Swirsky, Director of Treasury
Adrià Espineta Arias, Director of International Relations
Principality of Andorra
Jérôme Hoffart, Director
Tang Si, Director
Megan Robertson, Director/Webmaster
Erik Müller, Director of Advertising
Matthijs Jansen, Director
David Devine, Director of Operations
Belleville, IL 62221
d. The Board of Directors is a lifetime appointment unless removed for cause.
e. The Duties of the Officers are as follows:
1. President- Oversee all operations of IPA. Preside over Board of Directors meetings and
the General membership meetings.
2. Vice President- Assist President with overseeing all operations of IPA. Preside over
Board of Director and General membership meetings when President not attending.
a. Maintains Membership Roster.
b. Write and distribute the agenda for the meetings.
c. Write and distribute the minutes of all meetings.
d. Call meeting to order and adjourn meeting.
e. Maintain all Association documents.
a. Maintain the IPA financial record and bank account.
b. Provide the Board of Directors a monthly report on IPA finances.
c. Distribute IPA funds as needed for IPA business.
d. Provide an annual financial report to the general membership.
e. Provide IPA financial report annually to an auditor for analysis.
5. Director of Operations-
a. Sgt.-at-Arms for all meetings. Oversee Website maintenance, Oversee
conventions/conferences, oversee journal editors and Director of Advertising.
6. Director of International Affairs- Oversee diplomatic affairs, Develop and maintain
relationships with phaleristic associations, advertisers and international community.
7. JIPA Editor-in-Chief- Manage, arrange and produce the Association’s DPP.
8. Assistant Journal Editor- Assist Journal Editor with the creation and management of the
9. Director of Advertising- Oversee all aspects of advertising for IPA.
10. The seven founding members of IPA shall be permanent members of the Board of
1. The President of IPA shall preside at meetings of the Board of Directors or, in his/her absence the next senior officer present shall preside at the meeting.
2. Five Board members present shall form a quorum.
3. Questions arising at any meeting of the Board of Directors shall be decided by a simple majority vote.
4. The Board of Directors shall cause proper minutes to be made of all decisions and of all meetings of the Board of Directors.
1. The funds of IPA shall be applied solely towards the objects and benefit of IPA.
2. No part of the net earnings of IPA shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons, except that IPA shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in Article II hereof. No substantial part of the activities of IPA shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and IPA shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, IPA shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or (b) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
1. IPA shall be hosted in the United States of America. It shall register as, and comply with all laws pertaining to, 501 ( C ) (3) Non-Profit organization status. IPA shall register with the State of Texas as a Non-Profit organization.
2. The place in this state where the principal office of the Corporation is to be located is the City of Anna, Collin County.
3. IPA shall establish and maintain a bank account in the United States of America.
4. The Treasurer shall keep proper books and shall present them monthly to the Board of Directors and annually to the membership. These reports shall include the Income and expenditure account and the Balance Sheet. made up to date not more than four months prior to the Annual Report to the membership.
5. The Treasurer shall submit the books to an independent auditor annually for review. This shall be done three months prior to the Treasurer submitting his annual report to Membership. The independent auditor shall submit a report to the Board a Directors upon completion of the audit.
6. Upon the dissolution of the corporation, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose. Any such assets not so disposed of shall be disposed of by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction of the county in which the principal office of the corporation is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
Neither the Association nor any officer shall be liable to any member or guest for any loss of or damage to property occurring, from whatever cause.
These rules may be revoked, added to or altered by a majority vote of the Board of Directors, notice of which has been duly given to the membership, specifying the intention to propose the revocation, addition or alteration together with full details thereof.